Cornerstone Baptist Church was founded in 1995 in Elverson, Pennsylvania as French Creek Baptist Church.
CBC has been pastored by James Perrette since 2006. We are an independent, fundamental, Bible-believing, gospel-centric, friendly church. We “Preach the word…reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.” We encourage each other. We fellowship as disciples of Christ. Our aim is to worship God while we “…preach the gospel to every creature.”
Sample Doctrinal Statement
- We believe in the one triune God consisting of the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was the Son of God; that He was born of a virgin; that He lived a sinless life; that He died upon a cross in our place; that He was buried in a tomb; and that He rose again the third day that we might have new life.
- We believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the thirty-nine books of the Old Testament and the twenty-seven books of the New; that God has divinely preserved those words forever; and that the Authorized King James Version is the Bible for English-speakers.
- We believe that man is born a sinner, and that he needs salvation through Jesus Christ; that those who die unsaved are damned to Hell and eternal death; that salvation is by the grace of God through our faith in Jesus Christ, not of our own works; and that eternal life is given us at the moment we believe and is irrevocable for any reason whatsoever.
- We believe in the imminent, pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ to rapture His bride the church; in the Judgment Seat of Christ, where the saints shall be judged by their works for Christ; in a seven-year period of worldwide tribulation, wherein God releases His judgment and wrath upon the world; the one thousand-year reign of Christ upon the earth; and the Great White Throne Judgment, where Jesus shall judge the unsaved for their sins.